SEO Plugins 50: Best SEO Plugins For WordPress
By Ajay Paghdal
SEO Plugins 50: Best SEO Plugins For WordPress
Create really long lists right inside of your WordPress blog using your own and user-generated content. This list you’re reading right now is a RoundupWiz list!
This can be extremely useful for your SEO and content strategies.
YOAST SEO: THE #1 WORDPRESS SEO PLUGIN
Since 2008 Yoast SEO has helped millions of websites worldwide to rank higher in search engines.
Yoast’s mission is SEO for Everyone. Our plugin’s users range from the bakery around the corner to some of the most popular sites on the planet.
Yoast SEO Free contains everything that you need to manage your SEO, and the Yoast SEO Premium plugin and its extensions unlock even more tools and functionality.
GET AHEAD OF THE COMPETITION
To rank highly in search engines, you need to beat the competition. You need a better, faster, stronger website than the people who sell or do the same kinds of things as you.
Yoast SEO is the most-used WordPress SEO plugin, and has helped millions of people like you to get ahead, and to stay ahead.
TAKING CARE OF YOUR WORDPRESS SEO
Yoast SEO is packed full of features, designed to help visitors and search engines to get the most out of your website. Some of our favourites are:
- Automated technical SEO improvements, like canonical URLs and meta tags.
- Advanced XML sitemaps; making it easy for Google to understand your site structure.
- Title and meta description templating, for better branding and consistent snippets in the search results.
- An in-depth Schema.org integration that will increase your chance of getting rich results, by helping search engines to understand your content.
- Full control over site breadcrumbs, so that users and search engines always know where they are.
- Faster loading times for your whole website, due to an innovative way of managing data in WordPress.
- [Premium] E-mail support for our Yoast SEO Premium users.
- [Premium] The possibility to expand Yoast SEO with the News SEO, Video SEO, Local SEO and WooCommerce SEO extensions.
- [Premium] New! Yoast SEO Premium comes with an IndexNow integration to ping search engines like Microsoft Bing whenever you publish or update content.
- New! Yoast SEO comes with wide-ranging crawl settings that help you improve how search engines crawl your site, lowering its carbon footprint.
WRITE KILLER CONTENT WITH YOAST SEO
We know content is king, that’s why Yoast SEO is famous for its state-of-the-art content and SEO analysis. Yoast SEO gives you:
- SEO analysis: an invaluable tool while writing SEO-friendly content with the right (focus) keyphrases in mind.
- Readability analysis: ensures that humans and search engines can read and understand your content.
- Full language support for: English, German, French, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Indonesian, Polish, Portuguese, Arabic, Swedish, Hebrew, Hungarian, Turkish, Czech, Norwegian, Slovak and Greek.
- A Google preview, which shows what your listings will look like in the search results. Even on mobile devices!
- Innovative Schema blocks for the WordPress block editor, so that your FAQ and HowTo content can be shown directly in the search results. Plus a breadcrumbs block to guide your users.
- [Premium] Internal linking blocks to easily improve the structure of your content. Easily add a table of contents block, a related links block, a subpages block, or siblings block! Plus, we’ll keep adding these easy-to-add blocks to improve your site structure.
- [Premium] Social previews to show you how your content will be shown on Twitter and Facebook. Plus: Social Appearance Templates to guarantee a consistent look.
- [Premium] The Insights tool that shows you what your text focuses on. This way you can keep your article in line with your keyphrases.
- [Premium] Optimize your content for synonyms and related keyphrases.
- [Premium] Optimize your article for different word forms of your keyphrases, as the singular and plural. But also different verb forms, synonyms, and related keyphrases. This makes for more natural content!
- [Premium] Automatic internal linking suggestions: write your article and get automatic suggested posts to link to!
- [Premium] An orphaned content filter to detect posts that have no links pointing towards them!
- [Premium] SEO workouts to make working on your site as easy as ABC. These SEO workflows will get your site into shape in no time!
- [Premium] New! Yoast SEO Premium comes with a new word complexity feature that gives you actionable feedback on using difficult words. This feature is in beta and English only for now.
- New! Yoast SEO Free and Premium come with a new inclusive language analysis that helps you write inclusive content. This feature is opt-in and English-only for now.
LinkPatrol is a WordPress plugin which helps SEOs find, review and clean up outgoing links in posts and pages.
Using this plugin, you can scan spammy links, eliminate spammy keywords, monitor recently added links and keywords and protect your website.
You can find potentially harmful links and anchor text through various reporting options, strip the link or add a nofollow tag to keep your outbound link profile healthy.
Thee are 3 pricing plans available.
Google Sitemap plugin generates XML sitemap for your WordPress website and helps search engines index your blog.
It not only supports default WordPress pages, but also custom URLs.
You can add this plugin to Google Webmaster Tools account.
There is also a feature that allows you to set the maximum number of URLs in one sitemap file.
This tool provides you with an overview of your website’s structure.
It lists the URLs and includes information about each URL (the date of last update, the frequency of changes, etc.).
Sitemaps allow search engines to find all your pages that they might otherwise miss when indexing.
By following your sitemap, search engines can index your entire site, unless you choose to attach a non-index tag to it.
In other words, sitemap is the only way that can guarantee that content hits search engines.
SEOPress is a powerful plugin to optimize your SEO, boost your traffic, improve social sharing, build custom HTML and XML Sitemaps, create breadcrumbs, manage redirections 301 and so much more.
12. Squirrly SEO
Squirrly SEO introduces the First-Ever Non-Human SEO Consultant. In a plugin. Powered by Machine Learning and Cloud Services.
Just like a real consultant would do, Squirrly SEO analyses a user’s WordPress site to identify priority SEO tasks that need solving. Then, based on its personalized analysis, it generates detailed to-dos for boosting Google rankings.
By analyzing your pages and site, the system will reveal the current problems that are stopping you from achieving better rankings, and provide a fix.
Furthermore, as a Squirrly user, you will receive clear SEO recommendations that are customized for your site.
So, if you have 3 different sites, you’ll most probably get different to-dos on each of those sites (these to-dos are shown in the Daily Goals section of Squirrly SEO).
Here’s how the Daily SEO Goals section of Squirrly SEO looks like so that you can get a better idea of how it all works:
In addition to offering unparalleled guidance in terms of what actions to take in order to reach better Google Rankings, Squirrly also provides an extensive set of built-in tools, including:
- a keyword research tool for finding high-potential SEO keywords with low competition.
- a live assistant that helps you optimize your content while you are writing it, with real-time SEO tips.
- a site Audit tool that makes it easy to promptly uncover technical issues affecting your site
- a Blogging assistant that helps you find copyright-free images without leaving your WordPress editor
- an accurate Rank Tracking tool for tracking performance
- a tool for organizing and managing your keyword portfolio (called Briefcase)
- and much more.